Rufousnaped Lark

Larger Images Note

You can see a larger version of any image by clicking on it! Alternatively if you hold down the crtl button and click on the image it should open in a new tab!

Please note that all images are the property of Gareth Hazell, if you would like a copy of any of the images please ask.

Thank you.





Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Introduction



Early morning on Zaagkuildrift Road - North West Province
  I am a South African birder living in the south of Pretoria in the province of Gauteng. The reason I thought of this name for my blog is that I really love birds and birding but the thought of getting in my car and driving off at 2 or even 4a.m. to get to a prime birding site by first light is enough to make me roll over and go back to sleep. This means that most weekends I end up birding in the garden or some local park that I can get to in 5 to 10 minutes, which is not always bad.......I mean I have had species like Southern Whitefaced Owl, Little Bittern and Ovambo Sparrowhawk right in my back yard. What I hope to achieve with this blog is to share some of the birds I have seen on my weekend and holiday trips with my friends and family without too many hassles.

No comments: